Job title: Graphic Designer/Printer
All applications – please send full CV and other relevant information to: email@example.com
Salary: To be negotiated
Hours: Full-time, 40 hrs per week (inc. lunch breaks)
Location: Unlimited Logos, Melbourn, Royston, Herts, SG8 6EY.
Reports to: Proprietor Tony Fulton / Studio Manager
About Unlimited Logos
Unlimited Logos was established 30 years ago and is a well-respected company that specialises in various forms of signage, label printing, vehicle wrapping & graphics. The company is evolving, and this is an exciting time to join our small hard-working, professional team.
We are seeking a versatile person to join our small team, to work alongside our Studio Manager in-house to create and quote for effective and attractive designs as well as to promote various brands across a diverse range of products.
The successful applicant must have an excellent understanding of the vinyl print industry with previous experience being essential. They will be required to create a wide range of designs, including for vehicle wrapping, labels and general signage. They will also be required to take artwork from design to set up for wide format digital printing and production.
You will work closely with the Studio Manager as part of a small but effective creative team at our location in Melbourn. You must be able to ensure that your work meets all stakeholder needs and is executed on-time with style and flair.
- Working with the Studio Manager and working with the production and fitting team and other stakeholders to bring creative ideas to life through high-quality design.
- Being able to calculate and produce quotations for jobs.
- Delivering work to the specifications and schedules agreed with the Studio Manager.
- Setting up documents for the print production process.
- Liaising with stakeholders over requirements, deadlines and dependencies.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop due to changes in organisational and other circumstances, so the actual duties and responsibilities will vary from the particulars of this job description.
The successful applicant will have:
- Holds a design qualification or has a good understanding of graphic design and fonts
- Fluency in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding of a Roland RF640 wide format printer (or similar)
- Understanding of Graphtek Plotter/Cutter (or similar)
- Familiarity with printing and production techniques
- Conversant with Microsoft Office software
- Understands how to develop a design concept from start to finish with a strong idea base, to meet the requirements of a brief within a required timeline.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with:
- Roland RF640 wide format printer (or similar)
- Graphtek Plotter (or similar)
- Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop
- Ability to deal with stakeholders of all kinds.
- Strong design instincts and conceptual thinking skills
- Competent in the use of ICT
- Ability to work creatively within brand guidelines
- A good eye for detail and strong typographic design
- Excellent organisational, planning and time
- Good written and verbal communication skills and layout skills
- Excellent typing skills
- Image manipulation, scanning & retouching
- Logo and branding design
- Current driving licence (desirable).
- Imaginative, creative and curious and a desire to hone and develop your skills
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Can give and take feedback
- To be passionate about the quality of your work
- Effective timekeeping and workload management
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently is essential
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks at one time
- Eye for detail and quality
- Friendly and approachable with a good sense of humour.
The successful applicant will:
- Receive a monthly salary agreed upon in interview
- Receive 20 days paid annual leave
- Receive a pension scheme